How are the towns on guidebook overview maps selected?
Overview maps are included in the guidebook booklets and can be used in websites and printed material.
A short description of the algorithm that chooses the localities which are printed on the overview maps.
GUIBO guidebook overview map
- 1.Find all cities/towns/villages which are not more than 2.5 km away from any route in guidebook
- 2.Reduce amount of cities/towns/villages per route to not compromise the clarity of the map. Reduce to
- maximum of 3 per route for walking routes
- maximum of 4 per route for cycling routes
- maximum of 5 per route for dirving routes.
Select by highest population